As soon as it starts to feel like autumn, I just want to make cookies. I don’t know what it is – it just feels like such a “cookie” time of year. Maybe it’s because the Bake-Off is back on…but I absolutely love being snuggled up in front of my fire, watching TV, with a plate of these on my lap. In pyjamas. With a cup of tea.
The warmth and spice of the cinnamon and ginger is so delicious combined with the coconut. I hope you guys love this recipe too! xx
- 90g porridge jumbo oats
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 100g flour (try buckwheat if you’re gluten free!)
- 180g coconut oil
- 100g coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp date syrup (or coconut syrup if you can find it!)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 heaped tsp of ground ginger
- 1 heaped teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pre-heat your oven to 180’C, and grease and line a large baking tray. Then combine the oats, desiccated coconut, flour, coconut sugar and spices in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan over a low heat, then stir in the date syrup. Mix the bicarbonate of soda with 2 tbsp of boiling water in a small ramekin, then combine this with the coconut oil mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to your dry mixture, stirring gently to incorporate it all together.
- Put small, ball size amounts on to the baking tray, gently pressing the mixture down slightly with your hands. Make sure you leave plenty of space between the cookies, as they tend to spread quite a lot! A little bit of mixture goes a long way…
- Bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Tuck in!