I’m all about creating food for people I love, taking all of their favourite ingredients and turning it into something delicious for them. This is a recipe I created for my boyfriend Jonathan, to try to get him to jump on the porridge bandwagon with me (and I have to say, I succeeded!)
I needed to create something to satisfy Jonathan’s sweet tooth, and this recipe definitely ticks that box. It’s a gorgeously indulgent bowl, but still packed full of so much goodness. The potassium-rich banana and protein-packed nuts in particular make this the perfect breakfast to fuel you through a busy day.
Hope you enjoy. And share your recreations on Instagram/Twitter with the hashtag #lucysloveoffood – I love to see them!
Love Lucy x
- 1/2 mug rolled porridge oats
- 3/4 mug oat milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 banana
- Handful of walnuts, crushed
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Place the oats in a pan with the milk, along with 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp of coconut oil and a splash of water.
- Cook on a low heat for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly (This makes it so creamy, so give it lots of love!)
- Stir through the maple syrup and another splash of milk. Keep stirring over a low heat until the oats are cooked, looking deliciously thick and creamy, which should take four to five minutes. (Add a few more splashes of oat milk, if needed!)
- To make the caramelized bananas, heat 1 tsp coconut oil and cinnamon in a frying pan over a low heat.
- Slice your banana in half, length-ways. When the coconut oil has melted, place both halves in the pan. Let them sizzle gently for a minute or two on each side, until they’re a lovely golden colour.
- Pour your oats into a bowl, placing the caramelized bananas on top. Crumble some walnuts in, drizzle over some more maple syrup, and whack on a good dollop of peanut butter.
- Dig in!